- The European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- The European Model Clauses regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
- Applicable national and local data protection laws.
What information do we collect and how?We may collect information directly from you when you voluntarily choose to participate in our offers, promotions and competitions, all or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. We may collect the following information directly from you:
- Identification data: ex. name, postal address, telephone number
- electronic location data
- electronic identification data: email address, IP address
- profession and job
- professional contact details
- consumption habits
- device information
- household composition
Purposes of processing & legal groundsDuracell processes personal data in the following ways:
- Direct marketing: when we receive explicit consent to, we will process information voluntarily submitted to us to send you requested materials or provide information about our products, services, promotions and competitions. If you have requested product information or to participate in a promotion or competition, or if you have bought products, we may also use your personal data to provide information about products, promotions or competitions we think may be of interest to you. Users who wish to stop receiving these materials may unsubscribe by clicking on the link in those materials or by getting in touch with us: https://www.duracell.in/help/#contact-us
- Product development, customer management, testing, improvement and troubleshooting: For our legitimate interests in securing and protecting the integrity of this website, and for website and product development. When we receive your explicit consent to collect tracking information via cookies, we also may use viewing data to analyse how visitors use the website in order to provide statistics and improve the experience of interacting with the website. See hereunder for more information in this respect.
- As permitted to meet applicable legal obligations: we may pursuant to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, allow access to any information (including such categories of personal data) provided to Duracell, in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property. If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
- To the extent necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for purposes of customer and contract management.
Information SharingThe success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal data to marketers outside of Duracell. We do not share personal data with marketers outside of Duracell.
- Third-party service providers
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our websites and deliver our communications.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners,
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and websites.
- Perform other services that we request.
- Aggregated and non-personal data
- Other situations
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Duracell (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Information TransferYour personal data may be transferred and stored outside your place of residence, that are subject to different standards of data protection. Duracell may transfer your personal data within Duracell and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers. This may include the United States. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws, under comprehensive contractual obligations. We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal data is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place, including a copy of relevant contractual safeguards, to ensure the adequate protection of your personal data when this is transferred as mentioned above, by writing to the address provided in the Contact Duracell section below.
Accuracy of InformationWe take reasonable steps designed to keep your personal data accurate. However, we rely on you to provide accurate and complete information and inform us of any changes.
Your rights in connection with your personal dataUnder certain circumstances, and as required by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data when there is no need for us continuing to process it or you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data to suspend the processing, for example if you want us to verify its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party, in a format requested by you / in the original format you provided the data.
- Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection
Information SecurityDuracell is committed to keeping personal data secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal data from loss, misuse or alteration. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will have taken measures to protect your personal data , we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features designed to try to prevent unauthorised access.
|Request||Personal Data Retention Period|
|Information request||3 years after the final reply|
|Consumer complaints and consumer care reports||10 years after the complaint or the consumer care report has been closed|