Duracell privacy practices are consistent with:
- The European Union Data Protection Directive.
- The European Model Clauses regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
- Applicable country and local data protection laws.
Information Duracell CollectsWe may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our mobile applications or other services; and information we collect about you from other sources. Information we collect directly from you We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Email address.
- Postal address.
- Username and password.
- Telephone and/or fax number.
- Date of birth.
- Other household information about you and your family, such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors.
- Health information, such as health information related to product usage and medical history.
- Biometrics collected during volunteer consumer research studies (such as facial expression recognition, heart rate, and skin condition).
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card).
- Future communication preferences.
- Contact information for friends you may wish us to contact.
- Telephone number and recordings when you call our consumer line.
- Information about your device browser and operating system
- IP address.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- Duracell emails you open.
Information collected through Mobile ApplicationsWhen you download our mobile applications if any such available to your mobile device we may also collect information that you provide. We also automatically collect information through our applications .
The following are examples of the types of information we may automatically collect through our applications:
- Advertising ID or similar identifier.
- Information about your device’s operating system.
- Information about the way you use the application.
Your Choices about information collection through Mobile ApplicationsYou can opt out of continued information collection by our mobile application by deleting the application from your device. Precise Location Data Our mobile applications may collect precise location information from your device, if you consent to the collection of this information. We may use third-party service providers to provide location services using the location data you provide. You may opt out at any time to the continued collection of this information by adjusting the settings on your device.
Information Duracell collects from other sourcesWe may obtain information from other sources, including commercially available sources. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address.
- Email address.
- Date of birth.
- Income level.
- Household information.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, and user generated content.
How Duracell Uses This Information
Duracell Business Purposes.We use the information we collect to provide you products, offers and services, to deliver to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other Duraell business operations. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Send samples, premiums, products and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers that you request.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about Duracell products and other content we think may be of interest to you, including brand and service information from carefully selected business partners.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising.
- Personalize your experience on our websites by presenting products and information tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate in social sharing on our websites.
- Analyse the use of our products, services and advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
Information SharingThe success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Duracell. If we were to collect your information and you agreed to such collection, we would only share your personal information within Duracell and as described in this Policy. We do not share personal information with marketers outside of Duracell, unless you consent to such sharing, or as described within this Policy.
Co-promotions with Carefully Selected Business PartnersIf Duracell implements any such co-promotions, Duracell may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint program with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these programs, we will make clear at the point of collection that the information will be shared with Duracell and the participating business partner and ask for your consent as required by applicable laws. Third-party service providers We may rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We will then provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request. These services are carried out for the business purposes described in paragraph 4 of this policy. We enter into written contracts with our service providers, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose. For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites.
- Perform other services that we request.
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Duracell (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Your Choices & Access to Your InformationWe give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Email CommunicationsIf the possibility to register on the website exists and if required by applicable laws, we will only send you email marketing messages if you have provided prior consent to receiving these. In such case you would be able to stop receiving promotional email messages from Duracell by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive. You can stop receiving promotional email messages from Duracell by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Mobile Text MessagesWe only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within that text messaging program. PLEASE NOTE: We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from Duracell. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through our websites. And we may keep information for record-keeping, such as to ensure we fulfill consumer requests not to send particular types of messages.
AccessWe take steps to keep your personal information accurate. Many Duracell programs provide access to view or update personal information you provided when you registered online. Check where you registered to learn if you can view or update your information there. If information access and update are not available where you registered, click here to select your country and to learn how to access and/or update the personal information you provide to Duracell. Duracell does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe. Rights Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- to erase your personal data (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed); to prevent us from sending you direct marketing;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent);
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing.
- In addition to the above, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Cookies and Other TechnologiesDuracell and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites or mobile applications are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver you advertising, including online content, tailored to your interests. Some technologies we may use include the following:
CookiesA cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. Some cookies, so called session cookies, are destroyed after closing your web browser. Other cookies, the so called permanent or tracking cookies, stay with your permission on your computer. Via these cookies, we recognize you at your next visit and this makes it possible to offer you personalised advertisements. You can set your browser to not accept but block cookies. This may lead to a reduction of available functions in our web shop making it impossible to place an order. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s) and see [About Cookies].
Interest-Based AdvertisingYou may receive interest-based advertisements, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. Interest-based advertising is online advertising from Duracell and/or from our carefully selected business partners that is tailored to your interests and sent to your device using a cookie or other identifier assigned to your device. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
- The web pages you view and links you click on Duracell websites and other websites you visit.
- Mobile applications you use.
- The Duracell emails you view and links you click in the email.
- Demographic data.
- Offline and online purchase data.